Monday, May 14, 2012

Haul | Superdrug 3 for 2

Just to let you all know, Superdrug is doing a 3 for 2 offer across all cosmetics! I popped up just to grab some deodorant and came home with some makeup (and no deodorant! I was so engrossed in the makeup that I forgot, *facepalm* - Before you judge, I have since been back up to buy some so I'm still smelling fresh) 

When I noticed the offer was on, I went straight to the Rimmel stand. I’ve wanted to try the ‘Wake me up’ foundation ever since all the hype started on here! I currently use the Bourjois healthy mix serum and I absolutely love it, so couldn’t really justify buying a new one that I may not like as much. Buying the Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation made me realise that what some people love, I may not… So yeah, I was a bit cautious. However, today I bit the bullet and it is now mine. I shall let you all know how I get on! I have high hopes for this foundation.
I must admit, this was a bit of a random purchase. This wasn’t part of my 3 for 2 purchase – I spotted it as I was walking out of the store. I wanted to try a really pink blush and this looks nice enough. There was no tester, but being only £3.99 I thought ‘why not?’. I’m sure my sister would appreciate this if I’m not too keen. To be honestly I’m not expecting miracles from this product, I’m just hoping it’ll be nice enough.
I saw the Max Factor Flipsticks on Fleur’s blog originally and thought “Wow”. She made them look so funky and different I just had to try them. I chose the shade ‘Gypsy red’ as that one was the most impressed by once Fleur had created her ‘lip art’. Can’t wait to use this double ended lipstick!
I already own one of these Revlon ColorBurst lip butters in the colour ‘Cupcake’ – a gorgeous pink with blue undertones, but as much as I love the colour when I swatch it on my hand, and as pretty as it looks in the packaging, that colour is just not for me. I wish it was, but it just does not suit me *sob*. Aside from the colour not suiting me, the texture and formula of the lip butter was lovely… Creamy, moisturising and had good colour pay off. This was why I decided to buy ‘Sweet Tart’ – another lovely pink colour. Again, this colour looks nice swatched on my hand and lovely in its packaging, I’m just praying that this one looks remotely good on me! Please, ‘Sweet Tart’, please?! I’ve heard comparisons made to the L’Oreal Rouge Caresse lipsticks… & those are my absolute favourite at the moment. I wonder if the Lip butters can compete?! We’ll see!






No comments:

Post a Comment

lots of love

Lovelies...