Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My current 'go-to' foundation



Foundation is a product that I sometimes don't feel the need for. On good skin days, I can literally pop some powder over my face and feel that I have enough coverage. However, days like these are few and far between. On the more common bad skin days, foundation is my savior (along with some Collection 2000 concealer). This is the reason why choosing the right foundation is so important! Over the past couple of months, I've tried numerous drug store foundations (another post coming on that soon!) - none of which seemed to do the job.

Last year I purchased MAC Studio Sculpt foundation after being roped in by the sales person in a Debenhams store. I loved it so much due to its longevity and coverage that I saved it for special occasions (or those days when nothing else would do!) Unfortunately I ran out of that recently and after being disappointed by so many drugstore foundations that I decided to go have a look at MAC again and maybe purchase something different than before. That exact day I received an email from Debenhams to say there was 10% off beauty AND free delivery! Winner!

I'd never ever bought a foundation online before without testing it for colour match first so I was a little apprehensive despite having had previously owned a MAC foundation. The reason for this is that I could not remember for the life of me whether I was NW15 or NC15. Anyway I bit the bullet and decided to buy MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW15, praying that it was be a match! 

It was delivered within 2 days and I was SO excited to try it. I applied it with my Real Techniques Buffing brush. Application was simple although I did find it dries quite quickly so as long as you move swifly it's fine. Thankfully, the colour is a match!! WOOHOO! I find the coverage to be medium but buildable (a little bit goes a long way!) When used with my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer my big bad bags under my eyes aren't visible! Always a plus :) As for its longevity, I've only really worn it at work so far, so in an office. I'm yet to expose my face to the elements whilst wearing it. But so far, I've found that it lasts throughout the day without needing a touch up. 

Over all, I'm very impressed with this foundation. I'd highly recommend this :) I understand that I'm way behind the times with this foundation and 99% of you have probably already used it, however if you haven't, go try! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

lots of love

Lovelies...