Sunday, November 9, 2014

Autumnal Lips




I'm absolutely loving bold lips at the moment, particularly deep reds, berries and purples.
I've got a selection of textures, tones and finishes - from completely matte to shimmery glitter.
I've picked four of my absolute favourites which I have accumulated over the past year. They are all under £10, therefore super affordable.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - 477 Black Cherry.
A gorgeous deep burgundy/ purple colour which is mostly opaque but leaves a slight sheen. It's easily applied straight from the bullet but requires a good lip liner and a steady hand. It's very dark and therefore a good choice for when you're feeling brave. Probably not for you if you're not sure that dark colours are your thing.

Collection - Gothic Glam - 1 Seduction.
A beautiful deep red colour. It applies well - I press it into my lips first to stain the lips and then add one coat straight from the bullet. It's not dramatic enough not to wear it day-to-day but dramatic enough to add a statement to your lovely Autumn outfit. A fab choice for those of you who may just be beginning to venture into the world of gothic, vampy lipsticks. (I'm pretty sure these are only about £3 too - BARGAIN!)

Maybelline New York - 338 Midnight Plum.
A shimmery, sparkly violet colour. The colour reminds me of my childhood - was my absolute favourite. Almost everything I owned was this colour; my walls, clothes, shoes, nails, eyeshadow - EVERYTHING. When I saw it, I had to have it. Despite being bright purple and sparkly, it isn't too dramatic. Go buy it - NOW!

Topshop Lips - Beguiled.
This is a statement lip colour in my makeup bag, Autumn, Winter, Summer, Spring... No matter what the season, this lipstick makes an appearance. I've repurchased a few times. It is so wearable and really creates a statement. It has a thick consistency with a very subtle sheen. It's a happy medium between the Collection Gothic Glam and the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick.


No comments:

Post a Comment

lots of love

Lovelies...